Project Profiles are monthly articles in the IBI newsletter that highlight those working in biochar around the world. Please note that the inclusion of a project does not mean that IBI endorses the methods or results. All projects are strictly submissions to IBI.
Click on any of the links below for a full write up.
- Intuitive Biochar: Making Low-Tech Biochar/Compost Blends (as featured in the September 2015 Newsletter)
- Port of Tacoma: Using Biochar as a Component for Stormwater Filtration in a Log Yard (as featured in the July 2015 Newsletter)
- Development of a Mobile In-field Batch Pyrolysis Unit (as featured in the May 2015 Newsletter)
- EcoFarm: Facilitating an international collaboration to install biochar technology in Vietnam (as featured in the March 2015 Newsletter)
- Profitability Improvements from Enhanced Biochars: Results from a Potato Farm in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia (as featured in the March 2015 Newsletter)
- Bandar Utama—a history of biochar application in Malaysia (as featured in the December 2014 Newsletter)
- The Kosñipata Biochar Project in Peru: Using Biochar to Increase Agricultural Sustainability in a Diverse Ecosystem (as featured in the November 2014 Newsletter)
- Green Fire Farm: Using Restorative Farming in Vermont to Improve Soils and Produce Biochar (as featured in the July 2014 Newsletter)
- Typhoon Ketsana survivor makes a lifetime commitment to increase sustainability through biochar and gasifier stoves (as featured in the April 2014 Newsletter)
- Making Biochar Production More Affordable and Sustainable Through Innovation in Design and Manufacturing (as featured in the March 2014 Newsletter)